½ cup Crisco
2 sticks of butter
3 cups of sugar
1 cup of Strawberry Nectar
3 cups of self-rising flour
½ cup of milk
2 tbs of Strawberry Extract
1 tbs of Vanilla Extract
Ingredients for Glaze:
1 3/4 cups of Confectioners Sugar
3 tbs of Evaporated Milk
1 Cup of freshly chopped strawberries
• In a mixer start creaming the Crisco and sticks of butter until creamy.
• Add a cup of sugar one at a time and mix until well blended
• Add each egg one at a time until blended
• Add strawberry nectar and mix well
• Add a cup of self-rising flour one at a time until well blended
• Add 1/2 cup of milk and mix well.
• Pour into greased and floured bundt pan of choice and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
• Pull out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes and flip onto cake board or plate. Let completely cool before glazing.
Directions for Glaze:
Whisk Confectioners Sugar and Evaporated milk until blended and thick. Fold in fresh chopped strawberries to the mixture. Drizzle over entire cake. Add whole strawberries to the top for garnish. (To get desired glaze consistency, add more confectioners sugar to milk to maintain the creamy taste).