Try this Chocolate Dump Truck Cake recipe from star baker Sylvette Parker Monroe of Huntsville, AL! ???? Post a photo of your desserts to be a Baker Spotlight!
2 Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
-Substitute the water for whole milk
-Substitute the oil for melted butter
Follow the rest of the directions for the cake mix.
Chocolate Buttercream Icing Ingredients:
1½ cups butter (3 sticks), softened
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
5 cups confectioner’s sugar
½ cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Take your Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix and substitute the water for whole milk and substitute the oil for melted butter.
3. Follow the rest of the directions for the cake mix.
1. Add cocoa to a large bowl or bowl of stand mixer. Whisk through to remove any lumps.
2. Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well-combined.
3. Add sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by about a tablespoon of milk. After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all sugar and milk have been added.
4. Add vanilla extract and combine well.
5. If frosting appears too dry, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. If it appears to wet and does not hold its form, add more confectioner’s sugar, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
Assemble the cake as desired. Use toothpicks to mount the candies on the side of the cake.
-Peanut Butter Cups
-A variety of mini chocolate candy bars