Carmella Alexander shut it down with this Sock It To Me Cake! 🔥 Try my Baker Spotlight’s FULL RECIPE! 🤤
Ingredients for cake:
6 egg yolks, large
Whole milk (divided into ¾ cup and ¼ cup)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2½ cups cake flour
1½ cup granulated sugar
Baking powder (divided into 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp)
¾ tsp salt
12 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 1/2 Tbsp cake mix
2 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Ingredients for glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
• Combine ¼ cup of milk with the egg yolks and vanilla and stir to combine.
• In the bowl of your KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the cake flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder.
• Mix on low speed to blend.
• Add the softened butter and the other ¾ cup milk to the bowl and blend on low for about 30 seconds to combine. Then increase speed to medium and mix for another 1½ minutes.
• Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing, then in 3 additions gradually add the milk and egg yolk mixture. Scrape the bowl between additions.
• Add 1/2 the batter to bundt pan.
• Add the streusel mix in the middle of the batter.
• Add the remaining cake batter to pan and cook in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
• Let cook 15 minutes.
• Flip out of pan and top with glaze.