This Sweet Potato Praline Pie looks melt-in-your-mouth GOOD! 🙌🏾 That’s why Kenyetta Blount is my Baker Spotlight! Give this FULL RECIPE a try 👇🏾
Ingredients for Filling:
5-6 sweet potatoes
2 1/2 cups of sugar
1 stick of butter (unsalted)
1 stick of butter (salted)
I tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon flour
Ingredients for Praline Sauce:
1 stick of margarine
2 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2-3 cups of powdered sugar
This will be enough for (2) boxes of mini pie shells or (2) 9 inch pies.
Directions for Pies:
• Boil sweet potatoes until tender, 2-3 hours.
• Pre heat oven 350.
• In large bowl, smash sweet potatoes.
• Add butter, whisk well, then add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
• Whip egg and add to sweet potato mixture. Whisk well, then add flour. Whisk until combined for about 2-3 minutes (you can use a mixer but I like to whisk).
• Pour mixture in pie shells and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done. If you are using the mini pie shells, time will vary.
• When pies are done, place on cooling rack for about 10-15 minutes.
• While pies are cooling, make the Praline Sauce.
Directions for Praline Sauce:
• Add butter to a sauce pan on medium heat until melted, then add brown sugar, vanilla and milk. Whisk until combined.
• Remove from stove and add powdered sugar. Whisk well. The color of your mixture will change.
• Add the pecans (or whatever bits you desire) and give it another whisk.
• Spoon over pies while they are still warm. Let cool completely.