Darian Butler is my Baker Spotlight with this Red Velvet Cake! 😍 Get in my belly! FULL RECIPE. 😋
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
10 Red Velvet Oreo Cookies
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
2 tsp unsweetened baking cocoa
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 oz red food coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting
16 oz cream cheese softened
1 cup unsalted butter softened
8 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions for Cake:
• Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and unsweetened cocoa into a large mixing bowl and sift/whisk together.
• In a separate bowl, crack open the eggs and beat them.
• Pour the sugar, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract into the bowl with the eggs, and mix until everything is nice and creamy.
• Slowly combine the wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Be sure to mix on a low speed!
• Once everything is manageable, switch from mixing the cake batter to folding it.
• Next, add in the vinegar and red food coloring.
• Fold in until all of the cake batter is red and there are no streaks.
• Spray two 9 inch cake pans with baking spray, OR grease and flour them.
• Pour an equal amount of cake batter into each cake pan.
• Shake and tap the pans to release any air bubbles, then let sit for 5 minutes.
• Bake each cake on 325 F for 25-30 minutes.
• Remove the cakes from the cake pans and place them on cooling racks.
• While the cakes are cooling, make the frosting.
Directions for Frosting:
• In a large bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese.
• Cream the two ingredients together, then slowly add in the powdered sugar, but only 1 cup at a time.
• Add in the vanilla extract and milk.
• Mix until the frosting is nice and creamy.
• Once the cakes are completely cool, frost them.
• Add Oreos on top for decoration and enjoy!