Stephanie Kowalyk is my Baker Spotlight with this tasty Orange Cranberry Pecan Delight! 😲 Try her FULL RECIPE below!
1 unpeeled, washed, coarsely chopped orange (seeds removed)
1 cup dried and sweetened cranberries
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups sugar (adjust to taste)
1/2 cup softened butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 cup chopped and toasted pecans
• Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
• Pulse the orange and cranberries in a food processor until the mixture is finely ground. Pour 1/4 cup of very hot water over the mixture and set aside to soften.
• Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk lightly with a fork to combine and also loosen the flour.
• Whip the sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
• Alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the sugar, butter, and egg combination. Beat until smooth.
• Stir the orange and cranberry mixture into the batter and then fold in the pecans.
• Pour the batter into a well greased and well floured 12-cup bundt pan.
• Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
• Lightly dust with powdered sugar.