I could literally tear up this Coconut Flan all my myself! 🙌🏾 My Baker Spotlight Shaleen Pagan hit the target with this FULL RECIPE!
1/3 cup of sugar
1 (15 oz.) can coconut milk
1 (12 oz.) can condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Prepare a water bath by placing an 8-inch round cake pan in a 13×9 baking pan. Fill outer dish with hot water to ½ inch depth.
• Heat sugar in small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and golden brown; Pour into 8-inch pan. Remove 8-inch pan of water; working quickly, swirl melted sugar around bottom and sides of the round pan to coat. Return dish to water.
• In a blender, combine coconut milk, condensed milk, evaporated milk, eggs and vanilla. Pour the mixture into 8-inch pan.
• Bake for 45 minutes or until a table knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wired wrack for about 30 minutes.
• Run a knife around the edges of the pan. Invert a serving plate over the round pan, hold tightly and quickly turn over. Gently, shake the mold to release. Top with coconut flake for garnish. Refrigerate for about 2 hours and serve.