Who loves a Pineapple Upside Down Cake as much as me? 🙋🏾♂️ Enjoy this FULL RECIPE from my Baker Spotlight Serantha Jenkins! 🍍
1/3 cup of butter
20 oz. can of sliced pineapple
1 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• In a cast iron 10-inch skillet melt the butter on low heat.
• In a bowl, combine 1 1/3 c. flour, 2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt using a whisk. Set aside.
• After butter has melted in your skillet, add 1/2 c. brown sugar. Stir until dissolved. Remove this from heat.
• In a separate bowl, beat 1/3 c. shortening and 1 c. sugar. Add 2 eggs, 1 at a time beating after each addition. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to batter. Add 2/3 c. milk followed by remaining dry ingredients. Add reserved pineapple juice and 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla flavor.
• Add your pineapple slices over the brown sugar mixture.
• Spread batter over pineapples.
• Bake 40-50 minutes or until it tests done using a toothpick. Allow the cake to rest in the skillet for a few minutes before turning onto your cake or serving plate.
If you want to kick it up a notch, add a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!