A perfectly layered Lemon Cheesecake for your Friday! 🍋 FULL RECIPE from my Baker Spotlight Wanda Davis!
Ingredients for Cake:
3 cups Swans Down Cake Flour
2 cups Domino Sugar
2 sticks of Land O Lakes Butter (Salted and Room temperature)
1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
4 eggs (Eggland’s Best Eggs)
2 tablespoons of Crisco Shortening
1 1/2 cups of Whole Milk
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of Lemon extract
3/4 teaspoon of Yellow Food Coloring
1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Directions for Cake:
• Sift Cake Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together (Day before baking)
• Blend butter, sugar and shortening until creamy
• Add eggs 1 at a time
• Add Flour mixture and Milk alternately
• Add Flavors and Colorings and Lemon Zest
• Bake into 3 layers in 10 inch greased and floured cake pans @ 350 for 20-30 minutes until done (toothpick test) and let cool completely before icing
Ingredients for Icing:
2 cups of Domino Sugar
2 sticks of Land O Lakes Butter (Salted)
2 cups of Whole Milk
1 tablespoon of Lemon Zest
1 teaspoon of Lemon Extract
Yellow food color
Directions for Icing:
• Heat Sugar, Butter, Lemon Zest, a couple drops of Yellow food coloring and Milk in a boiler constantly stirring until it begins to boil, reduce heat to low setting (it will stick if it cooks to fast) and stir occasionally and it will thicken which will take an hour or more.
• When it becomes thick and creamy add the Lemon Extract.
• Remove from stovetop and constantly stir until cool enough consistency to slowly run over cake layers.
**This cake is best to slice the day after it is made.