I’d like to get my hands on some of these Apple Pie Bites! 😍 Enjoy the FULL RECIPE by my Baker Spotlight Dr. Shica Little of Dr Shica Flavor Mixes!
Ingredients for Crumble:
● 1 cup flour
● 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
● 1⁄2 cup cane sugar
● 1 tsp cinnamon
● 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
Directions for Crumble:
● In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cane sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and softened butter and
stir until blended.
Ingredients for Apple Filling:
● 2 Apples diced
● 1/3 cup sugar
● 1 Tablespoons Flour
● 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
● 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
● 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla extract
Directions for Apple Filling:
● Slice & dice both apples into small pieces and put them into a bowl.
● Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla then stir until well blended.
● Set aside
Ingredients for Crust:
● 1/2 cup butter
● 1 cup flour
● 3oz Cream Cheese
Directions for Crust:
● In a mixing bowl, use the mixer to blend butter and cream cheese.
● Slowly add in flour and continue to mix well.
● Transfer the sticky dough ball to a floured mat or countertop and roll out the dough.
● After rolling the dough, use a circle cookie cutter or the rim of a glass to cut small circles.
● Take one circle at a time and put a small amount of apple mixture and then top it with the crumble and then pinch the corners to close the ball.
***Note- the ball should be almost closed but leave a small opening at the top so you can see a little of the apple crumble peek through.
● After preparing each apple pie bite into a ball, place them into a greased muffin pan to bake.
***NOTE- You will have extra apple mixture and crumble to use to make more apple pie bites. If you desire, you can make extra dough using the CRUST recipe to make more for the leftover mixture.
● Bake on 450 degrees for 12 minutes and then turn heat down to 350 degrees & bake for 2 additional minutes.
*Find her products at https://drshicaflavormixes.com.