Salena Harris recommends some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream with her Sweet Potato Cobbler! I second that! 😋 Try her FULL RECIPE below!
4 medium size sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons + 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg (optional)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Peel and boil sweet potatoes. Boil until tender.
2. Separate recipe: add 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 stick of butter, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, little salt – boil until sauce thickens.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
4. Spread sweet potatoes out in a single layer in prepared dish.
5. Sprinkle tops of sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons sugar.
6. In a medium bowl, with an electric hand-mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and softened butter together until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt (and nutmeg if using). Mix. Then add in egg and vanilla. Continue to beat and mix together until just combined. (Batter will be the consistency of cookie dough batter.)
7. Using a spatula, carefully spread batter over the tops of sweet potatoes. Trying to spread out as evenly as you can and covering most of the sweet potatoes. (I use my hands to help spread it too.)
8. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.