Peanut Butter Cake? 😮 Don’t mind if I do! Try this FULL RECIPE from my Baker Spotlight, Dafney Cook!
Ingredients for Cake:
3/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup black coffee
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp maple extract
2/4 cup butter milk
3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Ingredients for Frosting:
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
4 cup powder sugar
2 tsp vanilla
• Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
• In large bowl, whisk together butter, coffee, and peanut butter until incorporated.
• Add eggs, vanilla, and maple.
• In separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
• Add flour mixture and butter milk to wet ingredients in four parts starting and ending with flour mixture.
• Divide cake mixture into two 8 inch round pans.
• Place cakes in per-heated oven for approximately 30 minutes depending on your oven. Use the tooth pick method to check for doneness.
• Once cooled, mix all frosting ingredients and apply to cake as desired.