Now this is a Brookie, Christina Bjorn! 🙌🏿 Try my Baker Spotlight’s FULL RECIPE for Chocolate Chip Fudge Brookies!
Ingredients for Cookie Dough:
340g granulated sugar
250g brown sugar
340g unsalted butter, melted
624g all purpose flour
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
2 eggs (plus 2 egg yolks)
454g semi sweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for Brownie:
170g unsalted butter
100g semi sweet chocolate chips
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp instant espresso powder
170g granulated sugar
170g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
½ tsp salt
130g all purpose flour
• Melt the butter and let cool to room temp
• Mix all your dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside
• In your stand mixer, blend sugars and butter until well combined, add eggs one at a time then add vanilla bean paste and continue to mix until well incorporated.
• Add in your dry ingredients and gently mix on low to medium speed until combined.
• Fold in your chocolate chips and chill your dough until you finish the brownie batter.
• Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
• Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment or a reusable baking liner
• Melt butter, chocolate chips, cocoa and espresso powder and stir until completely melted and well combined
• Mix in sugars and add eggs one at a time stirring well after each addition
• Add vanilla bean paste and salt and stir.
• Fold in flour and stir until combined.
• Spread batter in your prepared pan and break pieces of your chilled cookie dough on top of the batter (add as little or as much as you like)
• Bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 min or until cookie is golden brown a tooth pick comes out mostly clean but a little fudge-y.
• Let it cool for 15 min then cut into desired shape and serve.