Blueberry Lemon Zest Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Crumble! 😲Ebony Cromwell is my Baker Spotlight with this masterpiece. Give her FULL RECIPE a try! 🌺
Ingredients for Cake:
2 cups flour (250g)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup of butter (one stick) room temp
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (room temp)
1/2 cup of milk
1Tbsp+1tsp vegetable oil
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1 lemon zested completely
Ingredients for Crumble:
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 Tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp cold butter
Ingredients for Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tsp of vanilla extract
Directions for Cake:
• In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, lemon zest
• In a stand mixer (or hand mixer) cream butter and sugar until fluffy (about 5 minutes)
• Add milk, eggs, oil, vanilla, into mixer on low for about 2 minutes until combined.
• By hand (To avoid over mixing) mix flour mixture into butter mixture JUST UNTIL INCORPORATED.
• Fold in fresh blueberries
• Place half of batter into greased bread pan
• Place prepared crumble on top of batter
• Fill pan with the rest of the batter and top with remaining crumble mixture
Directions for Crumble:
• Using food processor, fork, or your hands combine crumble mixture in a bowl until small pea shaped crumbs have formed.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minute to an hour on middle rack.
• Test with toothpick until it comes out clean at the 45 minute mark. If you notice the top getting more brown and still needs longer to bake, cover with aluminum foil.
Directions for Glaze:
• Combine sifted confectioners sugar and milk until smooth
• Add lemon juice
• Add vanilla
• Combine until drizzling consistency is reached
After coffee cake has baked, allow to cool add drizzle with glaze.