My fans are trying to out-do my Banana Pudding and I’m here for it! 😂 Give this FULL RECIPE by my #BakerSpotlight Carol Williamson! 👇🏾
1 Box Nabisco Nilla Wafers
3 large ripe bananas, sliced
1 cup granulated sugar
4 egg yolks, reserve egg whites
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups Pet Evaporated milk
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
• In a heavy pouring saucepan – mix together sugar, egg yolks, flour and milk. Stir over medium heat until boiling. Remove from heat. Add vanilla.
• Layer bottom of two quart baking dish with Nilla Wafers. Top with sliced bananas. Pour half of pudding over top. Repeat second layer.
Ingredients for Meringue:
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
• Whip the 4 reserved egg whites with the vanilla and cream of tartar. Sweeten with granulated sugar – Whip for 3 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spread the meringue on top of the banana pudding.
• Bake at 350 degrees until meringue is light golden brown. If you prefer you can use the broiler on low to brown the meringue, watch closely if you use this method.
• Remove from oven. Garnish the top with wafers and bananas if desired. You will need extra wafers and an extra banana.
• Store chilled.