Caramel Cake get in my belly! 😋 Delores Morris is my Baker Spotlight with this creation. FULL RECIPE below!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3.4 ounce box of instant vanilla pudding
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup of milk, room temperature
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp butter rum flavoring
Directions for Cake:
• Make sure all ingredients are room temperature before starting. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Mix flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking powder, salt, butter and canola oil in mixing bowl at medium speed. Mixture will look like sand.
• Add eggs one at a time and all the milk. Scrape down the bowl and keep mixing.
• Stir in vanilla extract and butter rum flavoring.
• Spray Bundt pan with baking spray and dust with a thin coating of flour.
• Pour all batter into the pan and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Check the cake and continue to bake in 5 minute increments (no more than 15 minutes). Cake will bake in 45-60 minutes.
• Remove from oven and cool slightly while preparing caramel.
Directions for Caramel Glaze:
• In a medium saucepan, combine 1 stick of butter, 1/4 cup evaporated milk, 1 cup light brown sugar, pinch of salt and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
• Stir together and cook on medium low heat until bubbling. • Turn off the heat and allow caramel to slightly thicken and cool, approximately 5 minutes.
• Remove cake from pan. Pour glaze over the cake until completely covered. TIP: It helps to place cake on top of a cookie cooling grate over a larger pan to catch the excess caramel that can be used on this cake or another recipe.