There’s no doubt I could eat this entire Strawberry Cheesecake by myself! 😍 Enjoy the FULL RECIPE below by my #BakerSpotlight Joy Lynch!
Ingredients for Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Ingredients for Filling:
3 8-oz packages Cream Cheese at room temperature
1½ cups sugar
1 Tbsp corn Starch
3 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tsp (good quality) pure vanilla extract
⅓ cup sour cream
Directions for Crust:
1. Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Lightly spray the bottom and corners of a 9-inch springform pan with easy release or cooking spray
3. In a medium bowl, combine the graham crackers, sugars, and melted butter. Blend with a fork and pour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan.
4. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to firmly press the crumbs evenly into the pan bottom. Don’t form a crust on the sides of the pan. Place in freezer until filling is ready.
Directions for Filling:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Reduce the speed of the mixer and add the eggs one at a time, mixing well. Scrape the beater and bowl well with a rubber spatula, as needed. Fold in the sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. (or put mixer on STIR feature) Set aside.
3. Remove crust from freezer and pour filling onto the crust.
4. Bake for approx. 45 minutes (at 350F). The cheesecake will not be completely set in the center.
5. Remove pan and let it sit at room temperature for one hour, and then move to the fridge until completely cooled. If you can, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove the cake from the spring-form pan by carefully running a paring knife around the outside of the cake.
7. Spread your topping on the blanket cheesecake canvas and use sliced strawberries to create your art!