That cream cheese icing looks like a dream! ☁️😍 Try this FULL RECIPE for Vanilla Buttermilk Pound Cake from my Baker Spotlight, Kamilah Rice. You could be my next featured baker! Send your homemade recipes to https://rushionskitchen.com/become-a-featured-baker. 🧁
12 tbsp butter, plus 2 tbsp for pan.
1 cup of sugar
1 cup buttermilk
3 large eggs
2 cups of all purpose flour, plus 1 tbsp for pan.
1 and a half tsp baking powder.
1/2 tsp of salt
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Glaze:
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese (room temperature)
1 and a half cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup of evaporated milk
1 and a half tsp vanilla
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Mix together butter and sugar for 8 minutes.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
• In a glass measuring cup, pour in buttermilk. Stir in the vanilla and eggs into buttermilk. Turn mixer on low, start slowly pouring (separately) in the wet and dry ingredients into the butter and sugar. Turn mixer on one more time-on low, just long enough to make sure all the ingredients are all mingling together. DO NOT OVER MIX.
• Butter your pan with about 2 tbsp of butter. Add 1 tbsp of flour to dust the butter in pan. Pour all the batter into the pan, spread evenly. Bake 60 min.
Directions for Cream Cheese Glaze:
• Add 1 and a half tsp vanilla into a 1/4 cup of evaporated milk. Set aside.
• Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar with mixer. While mixing, slowly pour in milk and vanilla into the cream cheese mixture. The consistency should be thin,but creamy.
• Drizzle on cake and enjoy!