I want to dig right in to this Sweet Potato Cheesecake with Walnut Crumble created by my Baker Spotlight, Andrea Heflin! 🤤 FULL RECIPE below!
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Filling:
4 sticks Philadelphia Cream Cheese (room temp)
1 1/2 cup of white sugar
5 eggs (room temp)
3 TBSP vanilla extract
1 grated lemon peel
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
Ingredients for Walnut Crumble:
1 bag chopped walnuts
1/2 sticks butter
1 box caramel pudding
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 box cinnamon flavored
Ingredients for Crust:
cinnamon graham crackers
2 TBSP white sugar
1 stick of melted butter
• Preheat oven 350.
• In small mixing bowl, add Caramel Pudding mix, 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 stick of softened butter using a fork blend into a crumble. Spread it out on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 mins.
• Once removed, place into freezer to cool.
• Turn the oven to 400 degrees and bake 2 foil wrapped potatoes for 45 mins. Remove and cool.
• In large bowl, mix cream cheese until smooth. Then add sugar, vanilla, lemon peel. Add eggs mixing one at a time.
• In another bowl, pour less than half of cream cheese mix and set aside.
• Peel the cooled potatoes blend in separate bowl add cinnamon and nutmeg then fold mixture into the cream cheese that was set aside.
• Using a blender, add graham crackers, walnuts, sugar and melted butter. It should resemble sand.
• Press into 9×3 spring pan along bottom and up the side.
• Pour cream cheese, then and sweet potato mixture.
• Bake at 350 for 1 hour, turn off oven and allow to cool in oven for additional hour.
• While cooling, remove cookie crumble from sheet and chop in blender adding walnuts.
• Remove cheesecake and apply crumble on top.
• Cool in fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Remove spring and enjoy!