Baker Spotlight Sharon Thomas crushed it with this Strawberry Pound Cake! 😍🍓 Try her FULL RECIPE below!
Ingredients for cake:
3 sticks of Land O’Lakes Unsalted Butter at room temperature
3 cups of Domino Sugar
3 cups of all purpose flour
6 large eggs room temperature
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 cup of sour cream
2 teaspoons of strawberry extract
1 teaspoon of gel red food coloring
1 cup of buttermilk
23.5 ounces of frozen slice strawberries in sugar (thawed)
Ingredients for glaze:
16 ounces of fresh strawberries
Cup of powdered sugar
Teaspoon of strawberry extract
1/4 cup of buttermilk
Remaining slice strawberries in sugar
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees
• Spray a 10 cup bundt pan with Bakers Joy real good.
• Combined flour, salt, baking soda in a bowl set aside
• In a 4.5 quart Kitchen Aid Mixer combine butter, sugar until light and fluffy.
• Add eggs one at a time until the yolk disappears (don’t over beat)
• Add the sour cream, strawberry extract and red gel food coloring for about 15 seconds
• Add dry ingredients in three parts with buttermilk beat on low speed until blended well.
• Stir in 16 ounces of slice strawberries.
• Pour cake mixture into grease cake pan. Sit cake pan in middle of the rack and bake for an hour and twenty minutes or until a toothpick is placed in the middle and comes out clean.
• Cool cake in the pan for about 10 minutes then remove cake and place on a cooling rack.
• While cake is cooling combine the powder sugar, strawberry extract, buttermilk and slice strawberries in stand mixer. Beat until your desired consistency.
• Chop the fresh strawberries in slices.
• Once cake cools pour the glaze over the cake then fill the middle with chop strawberries and place slice strawberries around the cake.