My #BakerSpotlight Lakesia Williams knocked it out of the park with this Cookies & Cream Chocolate Cake! 😍 Enjoy her FULL RECIPE below.
1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
3/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1 and 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons espresso powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup freshly brewed strong hot regular coffee
*Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray three 8-inch cake pans using flour spray. Set aside.
Directions for Cake:
• Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder together in a large bowl. Set aside. Using a handheld or stand mixer; mix oil, eggs, and vanilla together on medium-high speed until combined. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, add the hot coffee, and whisk or beat on low speed until the batter is completely combined. Batter will be thin.
• Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Baking times may vary. The cakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
• Remove the cakes from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely.
Directions for Buttercream:
• With a handheld or stand mixer beat 2 sticks of softened unsalted butter on medium speed until creamy. Add 3 cups of confectioners’ sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to high speed and beat for 1 minute. Do not over-whip.
Assemble Your Cake:
• Place 1 cake layer on your cake stand. Evenly cover the top with frosting. Add 2nd cake layer and evenly cover the top with frosting. Add last cake layer and spread remaining frosting all over the top and sides. Garnish with ganache and/or whole and crushed oreo cookies, if desired.