Latorra Garland, my special Baker Spotlight this month, is back with a Chocolate Cake! 😍 I’m gonna need a tall glass of cold milk! Try her FULL RECIPE below, and order her cookbook at piefacedessertshop.com!
Ingredients for Cake:
2 Cups All Purpose- Flour
2 Cups Sugar
¾ Cup Cocoa- Powder
2 teaspoons- Baking Powder
1 ½ teaspoon- Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Milk
½ Cup Vegetable-
2 Large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Boiling Hot Water
1 teaspoon Espresso
¼ Cup Sour Cream
• Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees and spray (3) 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick baking spray and set aside.
• In a mixing bowl; sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set side.
• In a separate bowl add milk, sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and vanilla, mix together until completely combined then add to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
• Mix the boiling water and expresso together; then slowly add expresso mixture to batter and mix together until completely combined.
• Pour the batter evenly in the round pans.
• Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs clinging to it.
• Remove from oven and cool in pan for at least 5 minutes then remove from pan and allow to completely cool before frosting.
Ingredients for Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
4 Cups of Milk Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
• In a quart sized microwavable bowl heat cream until it begins to simmer.
(do not allow cream to boil over)
• Pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 4 minutes and mix thoroughly until chocolate mixture is smooth. Place chocolate in freezer for about 45 minutes to 1 Hour. Once cooled, place in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk on high for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
• Frost Cake according to your preference.