This Apple Caramel Pie looks so good, I can almost taste it! Try the FULL RECIPE by star baker Angela Diaz!
Pie Crust Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
3/4 Cups of cold butter cut into chunks
6 to 9 tsp of cold water
Pie Crust Directions:
1. Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon of sugar, salt,
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in a bowl.
2. Cut in 3/4 cup butter with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water with fork just until flour is moistened.
3. Divide dough in half: shape each half into a ball and flatten each slightly. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Heat oven to 350. Place a cookie sheet in Pre-Heated Oven.
5. Roll out one ball of dough and place into ungreased 9 inch pie plate. Press firmly and cut edges.
Pie Filling Ingredients:
3 Pounds of Granny Smith Apples (about 9 medium)
2 Tsp of lemon juice
1/2 Cup of white sugar
1/2 Cup of Brown sugar
1/2 Stick of butter (unsalted)
1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
Nutmeg to taste
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of flour
1 tsp of caramel
Pie Filling Directions:
1. Peel and core apples and cut into halves then slices. Put the lemon juice in a bowl and toss your apples around in juice.
2. On your stove top, on a medium heat in a pot, toss the apples and lemon juice with the ingredients with a large spoon coat all the apples with the ingredients.
3. Cook on low until apples are tender buy not to soft and have a nice juice. Set aside and let cool.
1. Take your second half of dough on a slightly floured surface roll out and cut your lattice strips (I use a cookie cutter)…cut about 1/2 thick.
2. Pour your pie filling into your 9 inch baking dish and start placing your lattice strips under and over and cut edges. I mix a little sugar and butter and brush lattice strips.
3. Place in oven on top of pre-heated cookie sheet and bake at 350 50-60 minutes.