I am drooling over Sheryl Campbell’s beautifully crafted 7 Up Pound Cake! Try her FULL RECIPE below!
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
• 3 cups granulated sugar
• 5 large eggs, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon lemon extract
• 2 teaspoons sour cream
• 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 cup 7UP soda
• 7-up glaze (1 cup of powdered sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of 7- up)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Generously grease and lightly flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
4. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
5. Fold in the vanilla extract and lemon extract.
6. Fold in the sour cream.
7. Gradually add in the flour and salt and mix until combined.
8. Mix in the heavy whipping cream and 7-up until well combined and batter is fluffy.
9. Spoon batter into bundt pan.
10. Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes (check on it after the 1 hour mark) or until knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
11. Let cake sit in pan until pan is warm to the touch.
12. Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
13. Drizzle with 7-up glaze if desired.