Yep, I’ll be having Paula Lovette’s 7up Pound Cake tonight! 🙌🏿 Try my Baker Spotlight’s FULL RECIPE!
3 Cups Shifted Cake Flour (Swans Down Cake Flour)
3 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature
6 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
3 Cups Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Lemon Extract
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup 7up Soda, Room Temperature
1 Cup Powered Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 TBS 7up Soda
• Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
• In a large mixing bowl, mix butter until creamy add sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Next, add eggs one at a time until each one is thoroughly blended. Add lemon and vanilla extract and mix well.
• Next, add the cake flour and 7up soda to the batter alternately beginning and ending with flour. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. ( 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup 7up soda mix; 1 cup flour,1/2 cup soda mix; and the last cup of flour. The batter should be incorporated well.)
• Grease your bundt cake pan and pour in mixture. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden stick comes out clean.
• In medium bowl, combine powered sugar, vanilla extract and 7up soda.
• Whisk until combined and pour evenly over the cake.