Ooh wee this looks good—and it’s vegan! 😮 This Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake was made by my #BakerSpotlight Sherimane Johnson. Enjoy the FULL RECIPE 👇🏾
Ingredients for Cheesecake:
1 ½ cups raw cashews (soaked overnight or boiled for 30 minutes and cooled)
1 container plain vegan cream cheese (I prefer Trader Joe’s)
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
¾ cup turbinado sugar
1 to 1 ½ cups plant milk (I use unsweetened flax milk
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or vanilla extract
½ cup arrowroot
½ teaspoon sea salt
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust and Crumble:
1 ½ cups unbleached flour
1 cup oat butter
1 cup turbinado sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
1 flax egg (1TBS ground flaxseed + 3 TBS water – mix and set aside)
¼ cup flax milk
1 cup oat flour
¼ cup grapeseed oil
Line the bottom of a 10” springform pan with parchment.
Preheat oven to 350.
Step 1 – Prepare crust and crumble.
Prepare chocolate chip cookie dough.
• Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
• Place oat butter and sugar in stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until combined and creamy. Scrape the inside of the bowl to mix in any sugar or butter at the bottom of the bowl. Beat for 1-2 minutes more until well combined.
• Add flour and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk to creamed butter/sugar mixture. Combine for 1-2 minutes, add more milk if dough is dry. Add the chocolate chips, mix on medium until completely combined.
• Spread cookie dough on baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until golden brown.
• Cool for 15 to 30 minutes until completely cooled.
• Add cooled cookie to food processor, pulse into crumbs. Add oat flour and grapeseed oil. Pulse until combined. Take a handful of the cookie mixture, squeeze it together, if the mixture sticks together it is ready to be crust.
• Add the crust mixture to the lined springform pan. Press the down the sides and the bottom until crust is fully formed.
• Bake in 350 oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
Step 2 – Prepare Cheesecake.
• Add cashews that have been soaked or cooked in high speed blender, ½ lemon and salt. Pulse 4 times. Add 1 cup plant milk, blend on medium for 1 minute then change to high until combined.
• Add the coconut milk, arrowroot, vanilla, sugar, blend. Scrape the inside of the blender container and add more milk if needed. Blend until creamy and fully combined.
Step 3 – Combine Crust & Cheesecake.
• Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared springform pan.
• Cover top of cheesecake with chocolate cookie crumbs.
• Bake Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. (Test at 45 minutes and check every 10 minutes until done).
• Cheesecake is done when the middle does not jiggle.
• Cool on wire rack for one hour
• Refrigerate in springform pan overnight.