1 cup butter, softened
½ cup butter-flavored shortening
2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
5 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup toffee baking bits, plus more for garnish
1 cup of chopped pecans plus more for garnish
water 1/2 cup
Sugar 1& 1/3 cups
1 teaspoon salt
heavy cream (1 cup plus 2 teaspoons)
Preheat oven to 325. F.Generously grease and lightly flour bundt pan. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter and shortening. Mix in brown sugar and white sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Fold in vanilla extract. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry mixture into the wet mixture while alternating with buttermilk. Mix well until combined being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Fold in toffee pieces. (Can also add in some pecan pieces if desired) Pour batter evenly into prepared bundt pan. Shake the pan back and forth and up and down to even out the batter and release air bubbles. Bake on the middle rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cake sit in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling rack to finish cooling. When cake is completely cooled start making the caramel.
In a 3-quart stainless steel saucier, combine water, sugar, and salt over medium heat. Stir with a fork until sugar is fully dissolved and syrup comes to a rolling boil, about 4 minutes. Simmer, without stirring, until syrup is honey-gold, roughly 9 minutes. Immediately add cream (the mixture will sputter) and reduce heat to medium-low, stirring constantly with a heat-resistant spatula, until caramel registers 250°F (121°C) on a digital thermometer, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a small heat-resistant bowl and cool to about 212°F (100°C). Then began pouring cool downed caramel sauce over onto your pound cake and garnish.
Michael Graham’s Decadent Lemon Drizzle Pound Cake is looking so good right about now! FULL RECIPE. Become a Baker Spotlight like Michael at http://
3 cups of plain flour
1-12 teaspoons of baking powder
1/3 teaspoon of salt
3 cups of sugar
12 cup of crisco
2 sticks of unsalted real butter
1 teaspoon of butter flavor
1 tsp lemon extract
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon real lemon juice
1 cup confection sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl to itself swift your flour salt and baking powder set it aside.
3. In your mixing bowl begin to blend your sugar and butter then add Crisco. Let it blend until a soft white then add your eggs one egg at a time.
4. Add your flavoring, then add the flour and a cup of milk. Blend well together medium speed for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. When batter is complete, pour into a sprayed floured bundt pan or pound cake pan.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes testing with a clean knife or a toothpick making sure that it is mess free when you pull out the knife or toothpick.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and put it on your cake rack.
8. Pour your glaze over it let cool for an additional 35 minutes and then take a slice of Heaven. Enjoy!