I need some of Janice Groves’ Apple Sour Cream Pound Cake with a tall glass of milk! 🔥 FULL RECIPE! Send your homemade recipes to BakerSpotlight.com/become-a-featured-baker to be a featured star baker! 🤩
**Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 10 inch tube pan or 12 inch bundt pan with Pam cooking spray.
1. Mix and cook all these ingredients (except nuts) for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Then, add pecans last. Remove from heat and set aside.
4 tbsp Land O Lakes salted butter
3 C Honey Crisp or Gala apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
2/3 C packed C&H brown sugar
2 tbsp Gold Medal flour
1/2 teaspoon McCormick ground nutmeg
2 tsp McCormick cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped pecans
2. Mix the following dry ingredients together, add the sour cream and set aside.
3 C all-purpose Gold Medal flour
1 1/2 teaspoon Arm and Hammer baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon Clabber Girl baking powder
3/4 teaspoon Morton’s salt
1 1/2 C Daisy sour cream
3. Mix the following in mixer bowl and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
1 1/2 C C&H white sugar
3/4 cup Land O Lakes salted butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp McCormick’s Pure vanilla
3 eggs, room temperature
4. Add the dry mixture and sour cream alternately. Mix well.
5. Spread one fourth of the batter in the pan, then layer one third of the apple mixture , next spread batter, then apples, then batter, then apples and top off with the rest of the batter.
6. Bake for approximately 1 1/2 hour, or until a tester or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into cake. Invert on cooling rack and cool for 10 minutes in pan. Once cool, shake pan to loosen cake. If the cake sticks, you can go around the edges gently with a butter knife to loosen it. Turn onto serving platter, and drizzle with Almond glaze.
Ingredients for Almond Glaze:
¼ cup Land O Lakes salted butter
¼ cup Heavy whipping cream
½ cup C&H granulated sugar
2 cup C&H powdered sugar
1 tsp Tones almond flavoring
Directions for Almond Glaze:
For the Glaze, heat the butter, whipping cream, and granulated sugar until mixed well, then add the powdered sugar and almond flavoring Mix well into a thin glaze. Let cool to room temperature and then drizzle on top of cake.