1 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups of Cake Flour
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
2 Teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons of baking soda
1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1 1/2 Teaspoons of ground ginger
1 Teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon of cayenne pepper
2 1/4 cups of toasted and chopped pecans
5 ounces (1 cup) raisins (optional)
1 1/2 cups of Light Brown Domino Sugar
1 1/2 cups of Domino’s white sugar
1 3/4 cups of vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon of real vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon of sour cream
1 1/2 pounds (5-6 medium or large) of shredded carrots
1. Preheat your oven to 350, five to ten minutes before baking your cake or cupcakes
2. In a medium bowl, add the flour’s, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and chopped pecans. Mix together and set aside.
3. In another big bowl, peel and rinse the carrots and grate or add to food processor and set aside.
4. In a big measuring cup or bowl, add the eggs, real vanilla extract and sour cream.
5. In the mixing bowl add the sugars and mix with your hand. Then add the vegetable oil and the shredded carrots. Mix for five minutes on medium high for two -three minutes.
6. Then with your mixer on low, add one egg at a time to the mixer and after each egg mixed in add some of flour mixture. When all the eggs mixture and flour mixture is added to the mixing bowl and well mixed. Take the mixing bowl off the machine and mix the carrot cake batter with a spatula.
7. Pour the carrot cake batter into a bowl, cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a day.
8. The next day when you are ready to bake your cake or cupcakes, take the cake batter out of the refrigerator and mix the batter. If you are baking a cake, bake your cake for 30 minutes or until it’s done. Check your cake with a toothpick. If you are baking cupcakes, bake for 30 minutes or until it’s done. Check with a toothpick.
9. When it’s done baking, let it cool for 30 minutes or 50 minutes.
10. Frost with Buttercream frosting. Enjoy!