Ooh wee! These biscuits from my Baker Spotlight Shaun Palms look divine! 🤤 FULL RECIPE below.
3 cups flour making sure it leveled
1 -1/2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 and 1/2 sticks), VERY COLD or frozen
1 large egg
3/4 cup cold buttermilk
1 to 2 tbsp ice water (if needed)
• Pre heat your over to 425
• Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar (set aside. Cut/shred/grate the butter into the flour (it’s very important not to overwork the dough because you don’t want the butter to melt that’s why it should be very cold or frozen) you can use your hand/pastry cutter/or blender.
• In another bowl mix the egg and buttermilk then mix the flour into the egg mix, adding only if needed the water 1 tbsp at a time. Form the dough then let rest in the fridge for about 10 mins then remove from the fridge and roll dough out (flour the surface before rolling the dough out).
• These are 3 inch biscuits (you can use a biscuit cutter or a cup or anything you can shape out the dough). Place biscuits on a sheet pan or cast iron skillet. You’d want the biscuits as close together as possible. I recommend back in the fridge for about 15 mins. Melt 1 stick of butter brush on top, then bake for at 425 for 17-25 mins.
• With the remaining butter, add 3 tbsp of honey mix and brush on top of the biscuits and enjoy!