Just look at this Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake by LaSonia W. Johnson of Tampa, FL! Post a photo of your desserts to become a Baker Spotlight!
2 Whole Lemons, zest both lemons and reserve the juice
1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature plus 1½ Tablespoons for the cake pan
3 Cups Granulated Sugar
6 Large Eggs, room temperature
1 Tablespoon Lemon Extract
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
¼ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
8 Ounce Creamcheese, room temperature
Zest of 1 Lemon
1¾ Cups Fresh Blueberries, washed and dried with a paper towel
Lemon Icing Ingredients:
1½ Cups Powdered Sugar
3 to 3½ Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
Zest of 1 Lemon
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, blend the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, takes about 3 to 5 minutes. Next, add the eggs to the batter one at a time until each one is thoroughly blended. Add the extracts and lemon juice, mix well.
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda together. Alternately add the dry ingredients and beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Be sure to stop periodically to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix on medium speed just until all of the batter is well incorporated. Fold the lemon zest and blueberries into the cake batter.
3. Finally, spray a non-stick bundt pan and pour cake batter evenly. Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour and 25 to 30 minutes or just until a wooden skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
4. Cool the cake in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, remove and place it on a plate or cooling rack to finish cooling for about 1½ hours.
5. After cooling, make the desired icing by combing the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over the cake and allow it to set.