Sandra Williams from Corona, CA is one of the top four finalists in my Easter Baker Spotlight Contest with Domino Sugar! Easter Carrot Cake Blondies with White Chocolate & Macadamia Nuts. FULL RECIPE!
2 Cups Flour
2 Cups Domino® Light Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Sticks Butter
1 Generous Cup Shredded Carrots
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Ground Cloves
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Roasted Macadamia Nuts, Plus 1/4 Cup for the top
1/2 Cup Toffee Candy Bits
3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Line with parchment paper a 9 x 9 baking pan, lightly spray with baking non-stick spray.
2) Melt Butter and allow to cool slightly.
3) In a mixing bowl, add melted butter, Domino® Light Brown Sugar and vanilla, mix until combined. Do not over mix the batter.
4) Add eggs to butter/brown sugar mixture until combined.
5) Gently mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ground gloves and salt.
6) Gently fold in only 1/4 cup (or half) of the toffee bits, macadamia nuts, shredded carrots and white chocolate chips.
7) Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown edges. Do not overbake. Blondies should be soft and chewy.
8) Once Blondies are out the oven, immediately sprinkle with remaining 1/4 Cup Macadamia Nuts and Toffee bits. Cut into squares and place on cooling rack.
Ask for Domino® Light Brown Sugar – don’t settle for less! Domino® Light Brown Sugar has a nutty, caramel flavor, moistness, and subtle molasses flavor. It’s ideal for cookies, shortbread, spiced cakes, brownies, and crumble toppings. Generally, if a recipe doesn’t specify Dark or Light Brown, it is intended that Light Brown be used. For more holiday recipes from Domino® Sugar, please visit http://bit.ly/2nftTkR.