I can taste this Chocolate Mousse Cake by Gwen Robbins through the screen! Become a Baker Spotlight like Gwen at http://
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mayonnaise
1 1/3 cups coffee at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease and flour 2 round cake pans.
3. Mix flour, baking soda and cocoa powder together. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar, eggs, mayonnaise and vanilla.
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with coffee. Mix until smooth. Batter is quite thin. Pour into cake pans and bake approximately 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Cool completely.
Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse Frosting:
1 8oz package cream cheese at room temperature
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips melted and cooked to room temperature
3 Tablespoons milk or cream
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 16oz tub of Cool Whip thawed
Directions for Chocolate Mousse Frosting:
1. In a mixing bowl with a mixer, beat together cream cheese and milk.
2. Add cocoa powder then melted chocolate.
3. Beat in cool whip and mix until mousse is uniform in color.