I’m loving this Strawberry Cake for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by my Baker Spotlight, Dorothy Rivers! 🎗️ FULL RECIPE below. Send your homemade recipes to https://rushionskitchen.com/become-a-featured-baker/, and YOU could be featured next! ⭐️
Ingredients for Cake:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon strawberry extract
1 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup strawberries (I like fresh)
2/3 cup buttermilk
Directions for Cake:
• Cream butter and 2 cups in mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
• Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
• Add extracts and red food coloring.
• Sift flour, powder, soda and salt together. Alternately add buttermilk and flour mixture to butter. Starting with and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
• Fold in 1/3 cup strawberries.
• Grease and flour 3, 9-inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
• Let cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack.
• Once cake is completely cool, apply frosting.
Ingredients for Buttercream Frosting:
1 stick butter softened
4 cups of confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon of strawberry extract
1/4 cup of strawberries
Directions for Buttercream Frosting:
• In mixing bowl, cream butter.
• Add confectioner’s sugar (cover mixer with clean cloth), mix on medium speed.
• Add strawberries and extract. Continue mixing until smooth and spreadable.
• Apply and enjoy!