I could soak my teeth into this Bread Pudding! ????Try the full recipe below from star baker Ernelle Spriggs! Post a photo of your desserts to be a Baker Spotlight!
1 loaf of day old french bread
3 large eggs
2 cups of sugar
2Tbs vanilla extract
1 cup of raisins ( soak raisins in 1/4 cup of rum, if using rum sauce recipe for 1 hour or two)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3tbs unsalted butter or margarine melted
Rum Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of spiced rum or dark rum
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°f. Break bread up in pieces and soak in milk.
2. Press the bread into the milk with your hands until milk is absorbed.
3. In separate bowl whisk eggs , then sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over the bread and milk mixture. Add raisins and stir to combined.
4. Pour melted butter into bottom of of 9×13 and coat the sides of pan with butter, then put bread mixture in pan.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes until liquid is set.
Rum Sauce Directions:
1. Stir brown sugar and butter in heavy medium sauce pan over medium heat until melted and smooth about 3 minutes. 2. Add cream, rum, and cinnamon and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens and reduced to 1 1/2 cups about 5 minutes.